INDIA TRAVEL GUIDE
India has vast diversity in terms of Geographical Features, Climate, Traditional Customs & Religion, Heritage, Clothing’s, Festivals, Spoken Languages, Lifestyle, Flora and Fauna, Food etc. In India there are 22 major languages and 720 dialects. But all major tourist destinations have Hindi and English as common language. India forms an amazing blend of Indian, Mughal & Colonial Culture and Heritage. The people of India are very affable and hence its makes even the first time visitor at home.
Exploring India is like a roller-coaster ride, everything you desire is here:
If you an Adventure Seeker : Head on for Rishikesh for white water rafting, or take a trek in The Himalayas or just ride a bike on thrilling roads of Leh.
If you are fond of Beaches, Marine life, Backwaters, Waterfalls: Goa, Kerala, Andaman & Nicobar are ideal destinations for you.
If you are planning for Romantic & Peaceful getaways: Visit Kashmir, Himachal, Darjeeling, Udaipur and also visit the greatest symbol of eternal love, The Taj Mahal, in Agra.
To get a feel of the History and Heritage of India ; Explore the forts of Rajasthan, Ajanta & Alora Caves in Maharashtra, Colonial buildings of Shimla and lots more.
If you are a Spiritual Being India is an Ideal Destination: For a sacred trip proceed to Amaranth Yatra, Vaishnodevi trek, Somnath temple in Gujarat, admire Jagganath temple in Puri and the list just goes on.
If Paranormal Activity thrill you : Wander in Shaniwarwarda Fort in Pune, World famous Bhangarh Fort of Rajasthan, Take a Hault in Ramoji City in Hyderabad or just stroll in Dumas Beach Gujarat.
(Not meant for the weak of heart)
For a proper foodie no other country can offer more than India: The aromatic spices of street food will fill your senses and you will find yourself licking your fingers again n again. To have an opulent experience of Indian cuisines you can set a date in Best restaurants of India i.e. Wasabi for Japanese Food Mumbai, Varg of Taj Mahal Hotel in Delhi & India Accent of The Manor, Delhi .
Highlights and interesting facts about India:
- Tourist Attractions like: Golden Temple & Wagah Border in Amritsar, Palaces & Forts of Rajasthan, Backwaters of Kerala, Architectural Temples of South India & Beauty of Kashmir and Himachal are worth exploring.
- India has the largest, oldest civilization, the Indus Valley Civilization.
- India has some of the highest peaks, Highest Cricket ground, Highest Bridge.
- Sachin Tendulkar, considered the God of Cricket set a record of 34,000 runs in international cricket.
- India is largest Producer of Films.
- India was also known as Bird of Gold due to its economic status and had the worldwide trade hub in Pre-Mughal Era.
- India is the country that produced Zero, Calculus, Algebra, Chess, Buttons, Shampoo, Cataract & Plastic Surgery; Diamond Mining.
- Kumbh Mela is the largest gathering of people from all over the world i.e. more than 100 million people attending it.
- Cherrapunjee is the wettest place on earth receiving 463 inches of rain every year.
- Martial Arts and Yoga was first introduced in India.
Tips for first time visitors in India:
You may consult Bharat Booking to design your trip to India as we offer more economical packages, safety in faraway places and are great saviors in troublesome situations with 24/7 based services.
- Carry mandatory documents like Passport, Visa along with some copies, Medications etc. Also keep a good camera to click pictures of amazing and unique things.
- Do not carry Indian currency especially more than INR 5,000 /- to home country as it illegal.
- The entry rates, transport rates etc. are different for locals and foreigners. So take a help of local friend to help you negotiate the prices wherever possible.
- Though pickpockets can be anywhere in the world and same goes with India. So beware of pickpockets and keep your belongings with you all the time.
- Be prepared for overcrowded transport, gang of beggars & vendors etc, high prices, unhygienic food and water sometimes. However, it is not the case for Hill stations where you will find peace from all these things. India being a unique country, one can find such contradicting differences as one travels from North to South or from East to West.
- Keep some change with you as you will require it for transport, buying groceries & items.
- To have a good experience : Hire Prepaid Taxis with A/Cs , Book 3 or up star hotels , visit high profile markets and malls, avoid much street food and never drink tap water. Always prefer mineral water bottles.
- You may consult us to design your packages as its more economical, secure, and great saver for awkward situations you usually have to face in India.
- Most of the states get very hot in summers but few Hill stations like Kashmir, Leh and Himachal; you might experience little cold in evenings so better carry few warm clothes too.
- To avoid dirty stares in public areas wear casuals like jeans, t-shirts, boots, sandals etc. and save the shorts and other clothes for Goa Beaches, Hippie Zones or secluded areas. Though people in high profile areas of India wear all sort of clothes from traditional to typical western clothes but in public areas avoid such clothes.
- Respect the culture and traditions of India. While entering the temples remove your shoes and any leather objects you are carrying. Cows can be found on roads, parks, etc so never mistreat them, they are considered holy in India.
- Don’t feel offended if Indians start a conversation with you and or ask personal questions. Mostly people are just curious about your lifestyle. As per your preference you may either carry on the flow or excuse yourself. However be cautious as everyone doesn’t have the same friendly intentions so be strict and report the incidence to nearby police or leave that uncomfortable place.
Besides a few shortfalls, India truly is Incredible. One has to be here to believe it.